Eau Claire in Eau Claire County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Addison Cutter House
1302 State Street
—City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission —
Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-One
Erected 1981 by the City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission.
Location. 44° 48.115′ N, 91° 29.699′ W. Marker is in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, in Eau Claire County. Marker is on State Street south of Gilbert Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1302 State Street, Eau Claire WI 54701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Swift-Wing Home (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Kinney House (about 700 feet away); Webster-Van Hovenberg-Larson-Carpenter House (about 700 feet away); Orlando Brice House (about 800 feet away); Bryon A. Buffington Home (about 800 feet away); Petronilla and James T. Barber House (about 800 feet away); Sumner Moon House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Roy Wilcox House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eau Claire.
Also see . . .
1. Addison Cutter House. City of Eau Claire Landmark Commission. (Submitted on August 1, 2014.)
2. Belle and Addison A. Cutter House. Wisconsin Historical Society. "In 1870 Addison A. Cutter, a native of New York, settled in Eau Claire, where he established a shoe business that catered to the special needs of the lumberjack. These boots were made chiefly by German and Norwegian cobblers. The quality of these shoes insured success for Cutter who soon became Eau Claire's leading shoe retailer." (Submitted on August 1, 2014.)
3. History of Eau Claire County Wisconsin, 1914. Addison A. Cutter. (Submitted on August 1, 2014.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 1, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 257 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 1, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.