Lawrence in Douglas County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Alexander Marks, jeweler,
was an early occupant
This building, now reflective of Mission style, housed dry goods, drugs, and jewelry businesses and several barber shops
Alfred A. Lawrence Photography Studio 1917-1943
Jayhawk Barber Shop 1936-1980
George's Pipe Shop 1950-1997
Erected by the City of Lawrence.
Location. 38° 58.212′ N, 95° 14.165′ W. Marker is in Lawrence, Kansas, in Douglas County. Marker is on Massachusetts Street south of 7th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 727 Massachusetts Street, Lawrence KS 66044, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. House Building (a few steps from this marker); Miller's Hall (a few steps from this marker); Anderson Building (within shouting distance of this marker); 746 Massachusetts Street (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Leo A. Beuerman (about 300 feet away); Free State Hotel (about 300 feet away); Round Corner Drug (about 300 feet away); 700-702 Massachusetts Street (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lawrence.
Regarding Lawrence Studio.
Also see . . . Lawrence's Downtown Historic District NRHP Nomination. (Submitted on August 13, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 13, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 229 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 13, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.