Tonganoxie in Leavenworth County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The Congregational Church of Tonganoxie
The First Congregational Church was organized on September 23, 1868, meeting in the home of the founding pastor, the Rev. H. E. Woodcock. The congregation then met in the schoolhouse until 1872 when the present church was built.
The Reuter organ was installed in 1948.
Erected 1983 by Leavenworth County Historical Society.
Location. 39° 6.571′ N, 95° 5.395′ W. Marker is in Tonganoxie, Kansas, in Leavenworth County. Marker is at the intersection of 4th Street and Shawnee Street, on the right when traveling west on 4th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 303 East 4th Street, Tonganoxie KS 66086, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lawrence and the Old Trails (approx. 6.8 miles away); Kansas River Flood Levels (approx. 10.7 miles away); Veterans of Foreign Wars War Memorial (approx. 11 miles away); To Our Hero Dead in World War II (approx. 11.1 miles away); 4 East 7th Street Eudora's First Bell (approx. 11.3 miles away); 700 Main Street (approx. 11.3 miles away); 701 Main Street (approx. 11.3 miles away).
Also see . . . First Congregational Church of Tonganoxie KS. (Submitted on September 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 209 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.