Near Loudenville in Knox County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Greenville Treaty Line
Greenville Treaty Line / Organized 1797
The starred line marks the crossing of Knox County of the Greenville Treaty Line as surveyed by Israel Ludlow between 1797 and 1799; that part running from near fort Laurens in the eastern part of the state, to a point near Fort Recovery, thence southwesterly to a point on the Ohio River opposite the mouth of the Kentucky River.
The Greenville Treaty was signed August 3, 1795, and by the terms of the Treaty the Indians tribes gave up their claims to the lands south of and east of this line.
Erected 2008 by Bicentennial Commiossion of Knox County.
Location. 40° 34.325′ N, 82° 11.301′ W. Marker is near Loudenville, Ohio, in Knox County. Marker is on Wally Road (County Route 211), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 16001 Township Highway 211, Loudonville OH 44842, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Greene Ville Treaty Line (approx. 4½ miles away); Charles Franklin Kettering (approx. 5 miles away); Clear Fork Gorge (approx. Holmes County Draft Riots (approx. 7.4 miles away); Johnny “Appleseed” Land Lease and Nursery (approx. 9.7 miles away); Greentown Delaware Village (approx. 10.9 miles away); VFW Post 7079 POW/MIA Memorial (approx. 11.9 miles away); Hayesville Town Hall and Opera House (approx. 14.4 miles away).
More about this marker. this is one of three identical markers in Knox County,
the most visible of the three is on Yankee Street (a country road) near Fredricktown
Also see . . . Greenville Treaty Line - Markers already in HMDB::. (Submitted on September 24, 2014.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 21, 2014, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 293 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 21, 2014, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.