Saint John in Saint John County, New Brunswick — The Canadian Atlantic
Church of Saint Andrew and Saint David
Église Saint Andrew and Saint David
Constructed in 1879, on the site of the 1815 “Auld Kirk”, the present church is a faithful representation of the Gothic Revival style. One highlight of the interior is the Gothicized pulpit by local carver John Rogerson.
Construite en 1879, à l’emplacement de la “Auld Kirk” (1815), l’église actuelle est une fidèle représentation du style néogothique. A l’intérieur, la chaire de style gothique relisée par le sculpteur local John Rogerson ne manque pas d’attirer l’oeil de visiteurs.
Erected by Province of New Brunswick.
Location. 45° 16.226′ N, 66° 3.577′ W. Marker is in Saint John, New Brunswick, in Saint John County. Marker is on Germain Street just from Duke Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 176 Germain Street, Saint John, New Brunswick E2L 2G3, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Troop Fleet in the Days of Sail (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); New Brunswick’s First School of Law (about 180 meters away); First Marine Compound Engine (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); First Steam Fog Horn Saint John’s First Wind Grist Mill (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); The Great Fire of 1877/L’incendie de 1877 (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Prince William Street - Before and After the 1877 Fire (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Centerbeam Place (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Saint John.
Also see . . . Our History.... The Church's page for its history. Note that as of the submission date for this marker (September, 2014), there was no actual history provided on the page. (Submitted on September 29, 2014.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 26, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 264 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 26, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. 2, 3. submitted on September 27, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.