Gerolzhofen in Kreis Schweinfurt, Bavaria, Germany — Southern Germany (Scarplands and Alpine Region)
Baroque Cruciﬁxion Sculpture
Geschichte für alle - historischer Verein in Gerolzhofen, e.V.
Dr. Ottmar Wolf – Kulturstiftung
Marker text translated into English:
Erected in 1740 by by Johann Georg Stephan, brewmaster, and his wife, Maria Barbara, in memory of three of their 13 children who died in childhood. Removed in 1900 when the church was expanded, reinstalled in 1985, and renovated in 2008 by former Mayor Franz Stephan and his wife Hildegard in memory of their ancestors.
Erected by The Gerolzhofen Historical Society and the Dr. Ottmar Wolf Cultural Foundation.
Location. 49° 54.063′ N, 10° 20.918′ E. Marker is in Gerolzhofen, Bavaria, in Kreis Schweinfurt. Marker is at the intersection of Marktstrasse and Marktplatz, on the left when traveling south on Marktstrasse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gerolzhofen, Bavaria 97447, Germany.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Parish Church (here, next to this marker); Chapel of St. John (within shouting distance of this marker); Altes Rathaus / The Old City Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Catholic Rectory (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Owl's Tower (about 90 meters away); The Watchmen's Tower (about 120 meters away); The Beadle’s Tower (about 150 meters away); Spital Gate (about 180 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gerolzhofen.
More about this marker. The scupture and its marker are to the right of the entrance of the Catholic church, located by the market square in the town center.
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 2, 2014, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 325 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 2, 2014, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.