Lewiston in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Dunleavy Hall is named for its primary benefactors, Francis J. Dunleavy, Class of '41, and his wife Albina. The modern structure, distinctive in contrast to the stately 19th- and 20th-century buildings that dominate the campus, was built at a cost of $2.5 million and dedicated in 1972. Dunleavy Hall was the home of the College of Nursing until the college closed in December 2002. The building contains classrooms, faculty offices and the administrative offices of the College of Arts and Sciences. During its 56-year history (1946-2002), a total of 3,439 Bachelor's degrees were awarded by the College of Nursing.
Erected by Niagara University.
Location. 43° 8.264′ N, 79° 2.213′ W. Marker is in Lewiston, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is at the intersection of Campus Drive and Varsity Drive, on the left when traveling east on Campus Drive. Touch for map. Marker is on the grounds of Niagara University. Campus Drive is not open to vehicular traffic. Marker is in this post office area: Niagara University NY 14109, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. For God and Country (within shouting distance of this marker); O'Shea Hall (1967), Seton Hall (1970) Varsity Village (1939), Timon Hall (1952) (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Seminary of Our Lady of Angels (about 500 feet away); St. Vincent's Hall (about 500 feet away); Alumni Hall / Chapel (about 600 feet away); Bailo Hall (1992) (about 700 feet away); Lynch Hall (1927), O'Donoughue Hall (1909) (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewiston.
More about this marker. Niagara University is in the Town of Lewiston but has its own separate zip code.
Also see . . . Niagara University. (Submitted on November 4, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 4, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 261 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 4, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.