Georgetown in Georgetown County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Mount Olive Baptist Church
The first church here, a frame building, was replaced by this brick sanctuary in 1920. Built during the pastorate of Rev. A.E. Tindal, it features elaborate stained glass windows. Mt. Olive was also one of several Georgetown churches hosting graduation exercises for Howard High School in the 1940s.
Erected 2001 by the Georgetown Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority. (Marker Number 22-55.)
Location. 33° 22.339′ N, 79° 17.034′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, South Carolina, in Georgetown County. Marker is at the intersection of Duke Street and Wood Street, on the right when traveling east on Duke Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Georgetown SC 29440, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Howard School (about 400 feet away, measured in a Bethesda Baptist Church (about 700 feet away); First Baptist Church (about 800 feet away); Winyah Schools (approx. 0.2 miles away); Methodists (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rainey-Camlin House (approx. ¼ mile away); Joseph Hayne Rainey (approx. ¼ mile away); Bethel Church (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 23, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,027 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 26, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.