Texhoma in Texas County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Post Oﬃce of Loretta
The Panhandle of Okla. was called No Man's Land. It was owned by Spain in 1541, Mexico in 1821, Texas in 1836, U.S.A. in 1850. It became part of the Okla. Territory in 1890, and became Beaver County, Okla. Territory in 1900, and Okla. in 1907
Location. 36° 30.276′ N, 101° 46.503′ W. Marker is in Texhoma, Oklahoma, in Texas County. Marker is on U.S. 54 0.4 miles east of East Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Texhoma OK 73949, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within walking distance of this marker. Texhoma (approx. half a mile away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 13, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 227 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 13, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.