Hessian Army during the Revolutionary War
The officers occupied the houses on the west side of the road. The first brick house from Cooper’s Creek was owned by John Middleton and was demolished in 1926 when this high school was erected.
The two buttonwoods in front of this building were slips from the historic buttonwood trees now standing on Kings Highway north of Haddon Ave., planted April 13, 1928.
Erected 1938 by Haddenfield Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Location. 39° 54.102′ N, 75° 1.548′ W. Marker is in Haddonfield, New Jersey, in Camden County. Marker is on Kings Highway E. Touch for map. The marker is in the breezeway of the arch on the right, located on the grounds of Bancroft High School. Marker is in this post office area: Haddonfield NJ 08033, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Alfred Eastlack Driscoll (a few steps from this marker); Historic Haddonfield (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Indian King Tavern State Historic Site (NR)
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 11, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 353 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 11, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.