Citizen's Bank Building
Ornate brick and limestone structure built after Great Fire of 1888 for Citizen's Bank established 1887 by J.T. Waddell. The bank failed in 1907. First National Bank occupied building until 1931 when it failed due to Great Depression. Bank of Eureka Springs relocated to site 1946-1967. Converted to gift shop space in 1968.
Erected by Greater Eureka Springs Chamber of Commerce and the Community Development Partnership.
Location. 36° 24.179′ N, 93° 44.218′ W. Marker is in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, in Carroll County. Marker is on Spring Street 0.2 miles north of Main Street (Arkansas Highway 23), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 40 Spring Street, Eureka Springs AR 72632, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Law Offices of F. O. Butt (within shouting distance of this marker); The Three Flat-Irons (within shouting distance of this marker); The Perry House - Basin Park Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); The Stone Walls (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Springs
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 18, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 285 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 18, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.