Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lockport in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Col. W. M. Bond House

1823

 
 
Col. W. M. Bond House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, December 29, 2014
1. Col. W. M. Bond House Marker
Inscription.
Col. W. M. Bond House
1823
has been placed on the
National Register
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior

 
Location. 43° 10.284′ N, 78° 41.915′ W. Marker is in Lockport, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is on Ontario Street 0.1 miles west of North Transit Road (Route 78), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 143 Ontario Street, Lockport NY 14094, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Niagara County Courthouse (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dole House (about 700 feet away); Welcome to Ida Fritz Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lockport Municipal Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Washington Hunt Law Office (approx. 0.2 miles away); W.H. Upson Coal Company Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); The “Big Bridge” (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Kandt Home (approx. mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lockport.
 
More about this marker. The house is owned by the Niagara County Historical Society. It is occassionally opened to the public during special arrangements.
 
Regarding Col. W. M. Bond House.
Front & East Sides image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, December 29, 2014
2. Front & East Sides
Jesse Hawley, a key early advocate of the Erie Canal, resided here.
 
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Cold Springs Cemetery where Bond House resident and early Erie Canal advocate Jesse Hawley is buried.
 
Also see . . .  Col. William Bond/Jesse Hawley House - Niagara County Historical Society. (Submitted on December 29, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Rear image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, December 29, 2014
3. Rear
West & Front Sides image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, December 29, 2014
4. West & Front Sides
Col. W. M. Bond House & Marker image. Click for full size.
By Anton Schwarzmueller, December 29, 2014
5. Col. W. M. Bond House & Marker
Marker is to the right of the main entrance, on the house.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 29, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 182 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 29, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.
Paid Advertisement