North Tonawanda in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
In 1837 on this site donated
by James and John Sweeney,
the first schoolhouse in
N. Tonawanda was erected
Erected 1968 by Historical Society of the Tonawandas.
Location. 43° 1.426′ N, 78° 52.576′ W. Marker is in North Tonawanda, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (New York State Route 384) and Tremont Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is about 100 feet north of the intersection at a church facility building adjacent to the First United Methodist Church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 65 Main Street, North Tonawanda NY 14120, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. North Tonawanda (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lumber Port (about 700 feet away); Roll of Honor (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Roll of Honor (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Long Homestead (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Long Homestead (approx. 0.2 miles away); The People (approx. 0.2 miles away); City of Tonawanda (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in North Tonawanda.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 8, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 210 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 8, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.