Shelbyville in Bedford County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
1758 - 1838
Erected 1961 by W. O. Jenkins of Puebla, Mexico and designed by G. Edwin Shofner, descendants of Martin Shofner.
Location. 35° 26.823′ N, 86° 19.78′ W. Marker is in Shelbyville, Tennessee, in Bedford County. Marker is on Alternate U.S. 41 just west of Shofner Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shelbyville TN 37160, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Moore County / Bedford County (approx. Beechwood Plantation (approx. 5.1 miles away); Wartrace (approx. 5.4 miles away); Strolling Jim (approx. 5.6 miles away); Andrews' Raiders (approx. 5.7 miles away); Clement Cannon, Sr. (approx. 7 miles away); Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration (approx. 7.3 miles away); Prentice Cooper (approx. 7½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shelbyville.
Also see . . .
1. Michael Shofner. (Submitted on January 23, 2010, by Tom Gillard of Tullahoma, Tennessee.)
2. Shofner's Chapel celebrates bicentennial. (Submitted on January 23, 2010, by Tom Gillard of Tullahoma, Tennessee.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 23, 2010, by Tom Gillard of Tullahoma, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 1,655 times since then and 12 times this year. Last updated on January 16, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on January 23, 2010, by Tom Gillard of Tullahoma, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.