Santa Cruz del Quiché, El Quiché, Guatemala
Founding of the Department of El Quiche, Guatemala
Hasta el año 1872
La mayor parte del territorio
Del Quiche formó parte del
Departamento de Sololá, hasta
que por decreto del 12 de
Agosto de 1872 emitido
por el Presidente
Miguel Garcia Granados
Fue creado el Departamento
Del Quiche integrado por
Until 1872 the majority of the
territory of El Quiche was part of
the Department of Sololá until
the decree of August 12 emitted
by President Miguel Garcia Granados
which created the Department of Quiche
made up of 13 municipalities.
Erected by Municipal Administration of Santa Cruz del Quiché.
Location. 15° 1.784′ N, 91° 8.94′ W. Marker is in Santa Cruz del Quiché, El Quiché. Touch for map. This marker is directly in front of the Catholic Church of Santa Cruz del Quiche in the Central Park.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 29 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Plaza Tecún Umán (within shouting distance of this marker); El Quiché War Victims (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Manuel Tzoc, Founder of Nahualá (approx. 27.6 kilometers away in Sololá).
Also see . . . El Quiche Department, Guatemala. (Submitted on January 19, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.)
Categories. • Government •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 6, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 19, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 289 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 19, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.