Orchard Park in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Mr. Eddy built and operated the first tavern in the village located at the Four Corners. In 1812 he was elected first supervisor of the Town of Hamburg, which then included Orchard Park.
Erected 1975 by Village of Orchard Park and Orchard Park Historical Society.
Location. 42° 46.104′ N, 78° 44.343′ W. Marker is in Orchard Park, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of East Quaker Street (U.S. 20A) and Brookins Green Drive, on the left when traveling east on East Quaker Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 Brookins Green Drive, Orchard Park NY 14127, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jolls Homestead (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of Erie County Agricultural Fair (approx. ¼ mile away); Orchard Park (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Orchard Park (approx. 0.3 miles away); Obadiah Baker Homestead (approx. half a mile away); Village of Orchard Park Orchard Park Depot (approx. 0.8 miles away); Site of Erastus D. Webster Homestead (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Orchard Park.
More about this marker. Site is now occupied by the former builder's model of the present Brookins Green housing development.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 30, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 253 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 30, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.