Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
East Liverpool in Columbiana County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Potters National Bank Building

 
 
Potters National Bank Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, February 8, 2015
1. Potters National Bank Building Marker
Inscription.
In 1881, the newly formed Potters National Bank, organized by local pottery manufacturers, established its new offices in a three-story structure on this corner. A newspaper, the Tribune was published in the basement.
By 1901, the building became the office and showroom of the East Liverpool Potteries Company.
Only two years later, the Croxall Chemical and Supply Company occupied the building and remained there for nearly forty years.
From 1950 until its demolition in 2010, Smith Auto Parts occupied the building and an adjacent structure.

 
Erected 2013 by The East Liverpool Rotary Club.
 
Location. 40° 37.034′ N, 80° 34.631′ W. Marker is in East Liverpool, Ohio, in Columbiana County. Marker is at the intersection of Broadway Street and East 4th Street, on the right when traveling south on Broadway Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: East Liverpool OH 43920, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Central School (within shouting distance of this marker); Carnegie Public Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Mary Patterson Memorial Building (about 300 feet
Potters National Bank Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, February 8, 2015
2. Potters National Bank Building Marker
Building was once in the empty lot.
away, measured in a direct line); Bradshaw's Hall (about 400 feet away); The Lincoln Highway (about 400 feet away); Locke's Building (about 500 feet away); W.L. Thompson Music Store (about 500 feet away); I.O.O.F. Building (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in East Liverpool.
 
Also see . . .  East Liverpool Historical Society. Potter's National Bank (Submitted on February 9, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.) 
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Potters National Bank Building image. Click for full size.
By Nyttend, April 16, 2010
3. Potters National Bank Building
Front of the old Potters National Bank, located at the intersection of Fourth Street and Broadway in downtown East Liverpool, Ohio, United States. Built in 1882, the bank — an automobile parts store when this photograph was taken — is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, even though it was demolished on 16 November 2010.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 8, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 204 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 8, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.   3. submitted on February 9, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Paid Advertisement