Québec in Capitale-Nationale (region), Quebec — French Canadian Region
The Jacquet House
La Maison Jacquet
One of the oldest houses in Quebec, built by François Jacquet in 1675-76. Prominent citizen of Quebec City lived here, of whom Philippe Aubert de Gaspé, author of “Les Anciens Canadiens”, from 1815 to 1824.
Construite en 1675-76 par François Jacquet, plusieurs notables Québec l’habitèrent, notamment Philippe Aubert de Gaspé, l’auteur de roman “Les Anciens Canadiens”, de 1815 à 1824. Elle est l’une des plus anciennes maisons de Québec.
Erected by Commission des Monuments Historique du Québec.
Location. 46° 48.704′ N, 71° 12.441′ W. Marker is in Québec, Quebec, in Capitale-Nationale (region). Marker is at the intersection of Rue Saint Louis and Rue des Jardins, on the left when traveling east on Rue Saint Louis. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 34 Rue Saint Louis, Québec, Quebec QC G1R 3Z1, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Joseph Bouchette (within shouting distance of this marker); Kent House (within shouting distance of this The Maillou House (within shouting distance of this marker); Louis-Joseph de Montcalm (within shouting distance of this marker); Québec Court House (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Theatre de l’Estoc (about 90 meters away); Seneschal’s Court (about 90 meters away); Stone Wind Mill (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Québec.
More about this marker. The marker is beside the covered entrance on the right.
Regarding The Jacquet House. The restaurant serves excellent French-Canadian food.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for The Jacquet House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 13, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 255 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 13, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.