Pass Christian in Harrison County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
of Historic Places
Built in 1849 for Harold Payne as a
four room Coast cottage. Altered and
expanded in 1893 and 1904.
Abandoned after Hurricane Camille.
Bought, restored and expanded in
1989 by Dr. and Mrs. Harry Danielson.
aka Alva Villa, the Harrison Badier House, Belle B'Anne
Location. 30° 19.468′ N, 89° 13.152′ W. Marker is in Pass Christian, Mississippi, in Harrison County. Marker is on East Scenic Drive 0.1 miles west of Menge Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 849 East Scenic Drive, Pass Christian MS 39571, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dixie "White House" (approx. ¼ mile away); Independence Hall (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Star Spangled Banner (approx. 1.3 miles away); Declaration of Independence (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Liberty Bell (approx. 1.4 miles away); The Flag of the United States of America (approx. 1.4 miles away); Constitution of the United States of America (approx. 1.4 miles away); Blues & Jazz in the Pass (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pass Christian.
Also see . . . Home history and website. (Submitted on February 24, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 24, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 298 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 24, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.