Salisbury in Wicomico County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The General Humphreys Cannon
Mary Elizabeth Humphreys, Granddaughter of
General Humphrey Humphreys
Liebman–Berger Memorial Post No. 707
Jewish War Veterans of the U.S.A.
Dedicated May 7, 1977
Erected 1977 by The Jewish War Veterans of the U.S.A.
Location. 38° 21.951′ N, 75° 36.019′ W. Marker is in Salisbury, Maryland, in Wicomico County. Marker is on North Division Street when traveling north. Touch for map. In the Courthouse Plaza. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 North Division Street, Salisbury MD 21801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wye Oak Seedling (a few steps from this marker); Historic Byrd Tavern (a few steps from this marker); Gen. John Henry Winder, C.S.A. (within shouting distance of this marker); The Great Salisbury Fire (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Peter's Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wicomico Presbyterian Church (about 700 feet away); Newtown Historic District (about 700 feet away); Charles H. Chipman Cultural Center (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Salisbury.
Regarding The General Humphreys Cannon.
Categories. • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 26, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 406 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 26, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.