Chambersburg in Franklin County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Lutheran Church
Erected 1953 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 39° 56.072′ N, 77° 39.796′ W. Marker is in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, in Franklin County. Marker is on W. Washington Street near Black Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chambersburg PA 17201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Philip Berlin (a few steps from this marker); Suesserott House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Frederick Douglass and John Brown (approx. 0.2 miles away); Morrow Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); Abolitionist John Brown Boards in Chambersburg (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Burning of Chambersburg (approx. 0.2 miles away); Confederate Conference (approx. 0.2 miles away); Memorial Fountain and Union Soldier Statue (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chambersburg.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 2, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 905 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 2, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.