McKenzie in Carroll County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
James Monroe McKenzie
1818 - 1873
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4A 46.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 36° 7.916′ N, 88° 31.07′ W. Marker is in McKenzie, Tennessee, in Carroll County. Marker is at the intersection of Cedar Street (Tennessee Route 124) and Broadway Street, on the left when traveling west on Cedar Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2331 Cedar Street, Mc Kenzie TN 38201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. McKenzie's Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Bethel College (approx. 0.3 miles away); Harris-Collier-Holland Farm (approx. one mile away); Forrest's Raid Webb School (approx. 1.6 miles away); Clear Lake (approx. 1.8 miles away); Christmasville (approx. 6.8 miles away); Hillsman House (approx. 9.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McKenzie.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 3, 2012, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 713 times since then and 13 times this year. Last updated on March 12, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 3, 2012, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.