Cheektowaga in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
German immigrant Joseph Batt gave land and built the shrine. In October 1890, this church became the first parish in Cheektowaga.
Erected 1964 by Town Board - Town of Cheektowaga.
Location. 42° 55.573′ N, 78° 45.235′ W. Marker is in Cheektowaga, New York, in Erie County. Marker is on Union Road (New York State Route 277) south of Genesee Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is fixed to the north side of the chapel. Street address is for the church at the intersection. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4125 Union Road, Buffalo NY 14225, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Original Site of Forks Hose Company #2 (approx. 1.6 miles away); Site of Toll Gate (approx. 1.6 miles away); Heroic Dead (approx. 1.6 miles away); This Memorial (approx. 1.6 miles away); War of 1812 Cemetery (approx. 1.9 miles away); Bennet Cemetery (approx. 1.9 miles away); Forks (approx. 2 miles away); George Urban, Jr. Residence (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cheektowaga.
Also see . . . Our Lady Help of Christians - Cheektowaga Historical Association & Museum. (Submitted on March 14, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 14, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 239 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on March 14, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.