“O! say can you see…”
Star Spangled Banner National Historic Trail
Experience the Trail
• Drive through rural landscapes and historic communities
• Paddle or cruise waterways where British and American troops once traveled
• Witness battles at reenactment events
• View the original Star-Spangled Banner flag and visit the house where it was made
• Hike or bike trails with stops at historic sites and scenic overlooks
Erected by National Park Service-United States Department of the Interior.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Star Spangled Banner National Historic Trail marker series.
Location. 39° 36.724′ N, 76° 0.552′ W. Marker is in Port Deposit, Maryland, in Cecil County. Marker is on Interstate 95. Touch for map. The marker is located at the rest stop-Chesapeake House. Marker is in this post office area: Port Deposit MD 21904, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Maryland Women in Military Service Monument
Categories. • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 14, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 214 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 14, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.