Pulaski in Giles County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Bridgeforth High School
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3F 41.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 35° 12.584′ N, 87° 1.599′ W. Marker is in Pulaski, Tennessee, in Giles County. Marker is at the intersection of North 1st Street (Tennessee Route 7) and Mitchell Street, on the right when traveling north on North 1st Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 910 N 1st St, Pulaski TN 38478, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gabriel McKissack (approx. ¼ mile away); Pulaski Courthouse Square Historic District (approx. 0.7 miles away); Donald Grady Davidson (1893~1966) John Crowe Ransom (1888~1974) (approx. ¾ mile away); Sam Davis (approx. 0.8 miles away); Walter Hershel Beech (approx. 0.9 miles away); Sam Davis Avenue Historic District (approx. 0.9 miles away); South Pulaski Historic District (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Bell Route (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pulaski.
Regarding Bridgeforth High School. The original school is being used today as Greater Richland Creek Association Building. The Afican American Community uses this facility for meetings, weddings, and funerals.
Categories. • African Americans • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 19, 2012, by Giles County Tourism Foundation of Pulaski, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 500 times since then and 40 times this year. Last updated on March 15, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photo 1. submitted on July 19, 2012, by Giles County Tourism Foundation of Pulaski, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.