Auburn in Placer County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Ford & Co. Building
Lincoln Way & Harrison Avenue
East Auburnís first carriage, wagon, &
harness shop in this building in 1896.
Other building occupants over the years
Burt & Locher General Merchandising
A.F. Ford & Co., Grocers
Ford & Bequette Grocery
Red & White Store Martinís Grocery
Aero Willyís Motors
Location. 38° 54.081′ N, 121° 4.006′ W. Marker is in Auburn, California, in Placer County. Marker is at the intersection of Lincoln Way and Harrison Avenue, on the left when traveling north on Lincoln Way. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 700 Lincoln Way, Auburn CA 95603, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Transcontinental Railroad (within shouting distance of this marker); East Auburn Bell Tower (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Marguerite Mine “Quartz Rock” (about 400 feet away); The Chinese Coolie (about 400 feet away); Southern Pacific Caboose (about 400 feet away); Auburn Depot (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Auburn Depot (about 500 feet away); Auburn Drug Company (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Auburn.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 17, 2015, by James King of San Miguel, California. This page has been viewed 155 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 17, 2015, by James King of San Miguel, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.