Lockport in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Kandt Home
229 Niagara Street, Lockport, NY.
Charles A. and Louise Williams Kandt
in 1886 and was occupied by four
generations of the Kandt family until
1998 when it was purchased by the
Niagara County Historical Society.
Location. 43° 10.221′ N, 78° 42.184′ W. Marker is in Lockport, New York, in Niagara County. Marker can be reached from Niagara Street 0.1 miles west of Prospect Street. Touch for map. Marker is fixed to the rear east entrance to the house. Marker is at or near this postal address: 229 Niagara Street, Lockport NY 14094, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Washington Hunt Law Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Niagara County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lockport Locks (approx. 0.2 miles away); Col. W. M. Bond House (approx. ¼ mile away); Welcome to Ida Fritz Park (approx. ¼ mile away); Dole House (approx. 0.3 miles away); W.H. Upson Coal Company Building (approx. 0.4 miles away); Lockport Municipal Building (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lockport.
Also see . . . Kandt House - Niagara County Historical Society. (Submitted on March 19, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 19, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 204 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 19, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.