Newfane in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
200 feet from here. Built
in 1835 by Hon. George R.
Davis of Troy, N. Y.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 43° 16.797′ N, 78° 42.445′ W. Marker is in Newfane, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is on Ewings Road west of Lockport-Olcott Road (New York State Route 78), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Google errantly labels Ewings Road as Hillcrest at the intersection with NY 78. Marker is in this post office area: Newfane NY 14108, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Baptist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Binational Heritage Peace Garden Trail (approx. 1.6 miles away); McClew Farm (approx. 1.6 miles away); Home of James Van Horn (approx. 2.2 miles away); One Country and One Flag (approx. 4 miles away); Olcott Beach (approx. 4 miles away); Tom Kelly Rustic Theatre (approx. 4 miles away); Kiddie Whistle Pig Ferris Wheel (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newfane.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 20, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 180 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 20, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.