Lewiston in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The First Religious Society of Lewiston
Incorporated on June 12th, 1817, by Benjamin Barton, Aaron Childs, Erastus Park, Augustus Porter, Elijah Ransom, Josiah Shepard and Rufus Spalding, Trustees.
This tablet was placed here on June 12th, 1917, by descendants of the organizers and incorporators.
Erected 1917 by The descendants of the organizers and incorporators.
Location. 43° 10.266′ N, 79° 2.465′ W. Marker is in Lewiston, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is at the intersection of Cayuga Street and South 5th Street, on the right when traveling east on Cayuga Street. Touch for map. Tablet is fixed to the center of the front of the church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 505 Cayuga Street, Lewiston NY 14092, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Underground Railroad Station #6 (a few steps from this marker); The Cibola Anchor (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Long and The Short House (about 600 feet away); 500 Center Street Archaeological Site Kelsey Tavern (about 700 feet away); Little Yellow House - 1816 (about 700 feet away); Kiwanians Promoting Peace (about 700 feet away); Hennepin Hall (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewiston.
Also see . . . Augustus Porter - Wikipedia. Named on the plaque. (Submitted on April 7, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 7, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 180 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 7, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.