Hamburg in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Town of Hamburgh
John Cummings, the original settler in the
Town of Hamburg, built the first grist mill
south of Buffalo, here at the waterfalls
of Eighteen Mile Creek in 1806.
Erected 1968 by Hamburg Historical Society.
Location. 42° 42.811′ N, 78° 52.189′ W. Marker is in Hamburg, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Lakeview Road and Smith Road, on the right when traveling east on Old Lakeview Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hamburg NY 14075, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. In God We Trust (approx. ¾ mile away); The Village of Hamburg (approx. 1.9 miles away); Isaac Long Alley (approx. 2 miles away); Kronenberg Alley (approx. 2 miles away); Smith Alley (approx. 2 miles away); Main Street Village of Hamburg (approx. 2 miles away); Village of Hamburg Historic Walking Tour (approx. 2.1 miles away); a different marker also named The Village of Hamburg (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hamburg.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 19, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 258 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 19, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.