Tucson in Pima County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Charles O. Brown House
The house was expanded between 1876 and 1888, until it covered three sides of a square. It represents a classic blending of Mexican building designs and materials, with American Victorian trim.
The property was given to the Arizona Historical Society by Miss Elizabeth Congdon. It is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Erected by Tucson Historical Committee and Arizona Historical Society.
Location. 32° 13.252′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 40 West Broadway Boulevard, Tucson AZ 85701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Convent Street (within shouting distance of this marker); August 20th Park (within shouting distance of this marker); La Catedral de San Agustin (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jackson Street (about 400 feet away); Fox Tucson Theatre (about 400 feet away); Site of Arizona's Second Territorial Capitol (was about 400 feet away but has been reported missing. ); Congress Street (about 400 feet away); Plaza de la Mesilla (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tucson.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 6, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 2,850 times since then and 27 times this year. Last updated on May 6, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 6, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. 5. submitted on June 11, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.