Johnson City in Washington County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
First Court of Washington County
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1A 50.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 36° 18.382′ N, 82° 19.375′ W. Marker is in Johnson City, Tennessee, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Milligan Highway and Cedar Grove Road, on the left when traveling east on Milligan Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Johnson City TN 37601, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Tipton-Haynes Historic Site (approx. 0.9 miles away); Tennessee Early History Monument (approx. 0.9 miles away); Andre Michaux (approx. 0.9 miles away); Landon Carter Haynes (approx. one mile away); Robins’ Roost Carter County / Washington County (approx. 1½ miles away); East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Depot (approx. 1.8 miles away); Samuel Cole Williams (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Johnson City.
Also see . . . Washington County - Ceded to Tennessee. Washington County was laid off by an act of the Legislature of North Carolina, passed in November, 1777, and was made to include the whole of the territory afterward erected into the state of Tennessee. (Submitted on September 21, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 20, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 420 times since then and 20 times this year. Last updated on May 7, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 20, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.