Elba in Genesee County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected in 1834 by Rev. Isaac
Foster and 25 charter members
under the Meth. Prot. faith on
land deeded by Asa & Mary
Babcock. It was united in 1939.
Erected by Historical Society of Elba.
Location. 43° 4.864′ N, 78° 11.111′ W. Marker is in Elba, New York, in Genesee County. Marker is on Chapel Street 0.1 miles east of South Main Street (New York State Route 98). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8 Chapel Street, Elba NY 14058, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Local War Hero (within shouting distance of this marker); In Memory of John Young (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Southworth (approx. 0.4 miles away); Elba Mucklands (approx. 3 miles away); Site of Cary Collegiate Seminary (approx. 4.4 miles away); In Honor of the Men Who Served in the Great War (approx. 4.4 miles away); Centennial Park (approx. 5.3 miles away); Town of Batavia (approx. 5.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elba.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 10, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 233 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 10, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.