Montezuma in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Methodist Episcopal
Church Inc. 1825 with John
Gilmore, Wm. Bell & James
Weston, Trustees. Adjoining
cemetery in use by 1813.
Erected 2012 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Marker series. This marker is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation marker series.
Location. 42° 59.749′ N, 76° 40.647′ W. Marker is in Montezuma, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is at the intersection of McDonald Road (County Route 114A) and Mentz Church Road (County Route 115), on the left when traveling east on McDonald Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Montezuma NY 13117, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Montezuma (approx. 1.6 miles away); Old Erie Canal (approx. 1.6 miles away); Early Cemetery (approx. 1.7 miles away); Opened in 1828 (approx. 1.7 miles away); Montezuma Heritage Park (approx. 1.7 miles away); A Landmark and Pride in Our Community (approx. 1.7 miles away); Early Aqueduct (approx. 2 miles away); Home of Gen. John S. Clark (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Montezuma.
Also see . . . Montezuma Historical Society. (Submitted on May 21, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 21, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 217 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on May 21, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.