Flemingsburg in Fleming County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
123 N. Main Cross St.
The oldest section of this building, the ell that faces Court Square, was built in the early 1800's and used as a stage coach stop. In use as a hotel by 1833, this building was used to house victims of the cholera epidemic. The oldest section of the home is colonial style with small windows, a low ceiling and a large fireplace used for cooking. The brick is laid in a Fleming Bond pattern. The rest of the house is early Victorian style with large rooms & windows and extensive woodwork. The sidewalk is original brick in a herringbone pattern. The remains of the original stables are buried under a building located just around the corner on W. Main Street.
Location. 38° 25.365′ N, 83° 43.995′ W. Marker is in Flemingsburg, Kentucky, in Fleming County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Cross Street (Kentucky Route 57) and Court Square, on the right when traveling south on North Main Cross Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 123 North Main Cross Street, Flemingsburg KY 41041, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James J. Andrews (a few steps from this marker); Fleming County (a few steps from this marker); John F. Day (1913-1982) Gorman Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Tobacco Plug Factory (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Birthplace of Herman Chittison / Accomplished Jazz Pianist (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stockton's Station (approx. half a mile away); Michael Cassidy (1755-1829) (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Flemingsburg.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 24, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 299 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 24, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.