Millbrook in Elmore County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
World War II Memorial Center
Millbrook, Robinson Springs, and Coosada
Dedicated as a living memorial to the boys
who lost their lives in the service of their
country during World War II
1941 — 1945
Frank Hilliard Blakey • Calvin James Cobb, Jr. • Perry Adolphus Dunn, Jr. • Robert Edward Gilliam • Charles Edward Gravely • Albert Edward Gresham • Leonard Daniel Gunnells • Albert Holt Price • Thomas H. (Nick) Reid • Rush Spencer Wells, Jr.
Mary Sue Berry Cobb
For her faithful and loving community service.
Sponsored by: Millbrook Civic Club, Millbrook Men’s Club, Victory Club
Land donated by: Children of Hines Holt Hall, Sr.
Erected by The Millbrook Civic Club, Millbrook Men's Club and Victory Club.
Location. 32° 28.611′ N, 86° 21.78′ W. Marker is in Millbrook, Alabama, in Elmore County. Marker is on Grandview Road 0.1 miles west of Main Street (Alabama Route 143), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3650 Grandview Drive, Millbrook AL 36054, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Wyatt Bibb William Wyatt Bibb (approx. 2.1 miles away); Robinson Springs Camp Confederate Monument (approx. 2.7 miles away); Robinson Springs Neighborhood (approx. 2.7 miles away); Robinson Springs United Methodist Church (approx. 2.8 miles away); Pratt Gin Factory (approx. 5.3 miles away); Happy Hollow (approx. 5.8 miles away); 37th Division The Buckeye Division (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Millbrook.
Categories. • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 28, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 8, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 449 times since then and 72 times this year. Last updated on May 25, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 8, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.