Mountain Brook in Jefferson County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Canterbury United Methodist Church
This church is the result of the merger of two active churches, Canterbury and Mountain Book Methodist churches. The latter was organized in 1912 as Crestline Community Church, and within the year a sanctuary was erected on Church Street in Crestline Heights. In 1942, a renovation greatly improved the building and the name changed to Mountain Brook Methodist Church. That building
Erected by Canterbury United Methodist Church and the Birmingham-Jefferson Historical Society.
Location. 33° 29.366′ N, 86° 45.316′ W. Marker is in Mountain Brook, Alabama, in Jefferson County. Marker can be reached from Overbrook Road, on the left when traveling north. The marker is located on the church grounds and may be difficult to see from the road because of the distance and the trees. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Birmingham AL 35213, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Robert Jemison, Jr. (1878-1974) / The Old Mill (1927) (approx. 0.6 miles away); Mountain Brook (approx. 0.9 miles away); America's First Office Park (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Early Mountain Brook Village Area (approx. 1.1 miles away); Lane Park (approx. 1.3 miles away); Union Hill Cemetery, Union Hill Methodist Episcopal Church, Union Hill School Union Hill Cemetery (approx. 1½ miles away); First Tuberculosis Sanatorium (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mountain Brook.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Canterbury United Methodist Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 31, 2011, by David J Gaines of Pinson, Alabama. This page has been viewed 632 times since then and 16 times this year. Last updated on May 31, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 31, 2011, by David J Gaines of Pinson, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.