Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Florence in Lauderdale County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
 

Macedonia Church of Christ

 
 
Macedonia Church of Christ Marker image. Click for full size.
By Sandra Hughes, August 1, 2009
1. Macedonia Church of Christ Marker
Inscription. Tracing its roots to the early 1800's, The Macedonia Baptist Church originally met in homes with Joseph Fanning, visiting evangelist. In 1834, J.W. Smith supervised a building on this site. In 1880, T.B. Larimore, an evangelist among Churches of Christ was asked to preach. The group then changed its name to Macedonia Church of Christ. This church has made a powerful local and world~wide impact. Its adjoining cemetery is the resting place for many of the country's beloved sons and daughters.
 
Erected by Florence Historic Board Florence Alabama.
 
Location. 34° 55.089′ N, 87° 52.063′ W. Marker is in Florence, Alabama, in Lauderdale County. Marker is on County Road 158 west of Road 5. Touch for map. Located in Western Lauderdale county. Take Hwy 20 west just past the Natchez Trace. Turn left on CR 5, go about 1 mile and turn right on CR 158. The church and marker are at the top of the hill. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2931 CR 158, Florence AL 35633, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wilson's Headquarters and Camp (approx. 3.1 miles away); Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church and Cemetery (approx. 4.6 miles away); Tiny Jewels of the Air (approx. 4.7 miles away); Rock Spring (approx. 4.7 miles away); Driven Up The Waters (approx. 6.2 miles away); State Line (approx. 6.6 miles away in Tennessee); Wet, Wild, and Wonderful (approx. 7 miles away); Colbert Ferry (approx. 7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Florence.
 
Also see . . .  Church of Christ at Macedonia. A small community for over 170 years. Website shows photo of marker and building. (Submitted on July 7, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa.) 
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 899 times since then and 80 times this year. Last updated on June 2, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photo   1. submitted on July 7, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement