Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Blauvelt in Rockland County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Blauvelt-Norris-Burr-House

 
 
Blauvelt-Norris-Burr-House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Manuel P. Guevara, circa 2012
1. Blauvelt-Norris-Burr-House Marker
Inscription. The main section and south kitchen of this Dutch sandstone homestead were built c. 1790-1800, the north addition c. 1840, on land earlier owned by David Bogert. The first known occupant was Garret I. Blauvelt. In 1853 the farm was acquired by John S. Norris, a prominant architect and constructor of fine buildings. In 1885 it was purchased by the Burr family who owned it more than half a century.
 
Erected by The Historical Society of Rockland County.
 
Location. 41° 4.539′ N, 73° 57.722′ W. Marker is in Blauvelt, New York, in Rockland County. Marker is on Western Highway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 608 Western Hwy. N, Blauvelt NY 10913, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Johannes Isaac Blauvelt House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); 914 Sound Recording Studios (approx. one mile away); Van Houten Fields (approx. 1.1 miles away); Jacob J. Blauvelt Homestead (approx. 1.2 miles away); The Nyack Turnpike (approx. 1.3 miles away); Johannes J. Blauvelt Homestead (approx. 1.4 miles away); Clarksville (approx. 1.4 miles away); Clarksville Inn (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Blauvelt.
 
More about this marker. Mr. & Mrs. Garton Del Savio, sponsors
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 3, 2015, by The Historical Society of Rockland County of New City, New York. This page has been viewed 258 times since then and 48 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on June 6, 2015, by The Historical Society of Rockland County of New City, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of house. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement