Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Chestnut Ridge in Rockland County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Haring Homestead

 
 
Haring Homestead Marker image. Click for full size.
The Historical Society of Rockland County
1. Haring Homestead Marker
Inscription. Construction of this sandstone farmhouse was started c. 1788 by the Halstead family. John Yeary bought the property in 1791 and built a sawmill, later combined with a gristmill on the nearby Pascack Brook. In 1795 the farm was purchased by Abraham Garret Haring whose descendants occupied it for four generations - 111 years. In 1906 the house became Martens Falls Inn and has continued as a restaurant through successive owners.
 
Erected by The Historical Society of Rockland County.
 
Location. 41° 4.233′ N, 74° 2.645′ W. Marker is in Chestnut Ridge, New York, in Rockland County. Marker is on S. Pascack Rd. Touch for map. The homestead was Jade Village, a restaurant, at time of marker dedication. Marker is at or near this postal address: 606 S. Pascack Rd, Spring Valley NY 10977, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Eckerson House (approx. 1.3 miles away in New Jersey); Scotland Hill Burial Ground 1749-1859 (approx. 1.8 miles away); Johannes Perry House (approx. 2.1 miles away); Saddle River Reformed Church and Cemetery (approx. 2.2
Haring Homestead image. Click for full size.
The Historical Society of Rockland County
2. Haring Homestead
miles away in New Jersey); The Octagon House (approx. 2.2 miles away in New Jersey); Montvale Veterans Monument (approx. 2.2 miles away in New Jersey); Ackerson Homestead (approx. 2.3 miles away in New Jersey); Site of Old Block House (approx. 2.3 miles away in New Jersey).
 
More about this marker. Mr. & Mrs. Gerard Saybold, sponsors
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 3, 2015, by The Historical Society of Rockland County of New City, New York. This page has been viewed 363 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 4, 2015, by The Historical Society of Rockland County of New City, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement