Anderson in Anderson County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Vietnam Veterans Monument
Erected by Anderson Jaycees.
Location. 34° 30.883′ N, 82° 40.567′ W. Marker is in Anderson, South Carolina, in Anderson County. Marker is on Standridge Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Monument is located in the Equinox Mill Park. Marker is in this post office area: Anderson SC 29625, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Anderson Mills (was approx. 1.2 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Site of Rose Hill -- 1794 (approx. 1.3 miles away); Dr. Samuel Marshall Orr House (approx. 1.3 miles away); Temple B'Nai Isreal (approx. 1.4 miles away); Anderson Presbyterian Church Cemetery (approx. 1˝ miles away); In This Burial Ground (approx. 1˝ miles away); First Presbyterian Church Anderson County Veterans Monument (approx. 1˝ miles away); Anderson County Farmers Market Pavilion (approx. 1˝ miles away); Building History / Major Frank R Thompson (1903-1977) (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anderson.
More about this marker. The monument was recently repaired due to the efforts of an Anderson veteran who saw the monument in deteriorating condition.
Also see . . .
1. Forgotten no more: Marine spurs effort to fix Vietnam War memorial. For decades, a simple stone monument has stood in Anderson’s Equinox Park to honor the county’s veterans of the Vietnam War. (Submitted on June 4, 2015, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
2. Vietnam veterans' monument construction. (Submitted on June 4, 2015, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
Categories. • War, Vietnam •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 4, 2015, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 254 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on June 4, 2015, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.