Kinderhaus Canna Bed
Milton Hershey School Heritage Center
In June of 1912, when the youngest students moved from The Homestead to Kinderhaus, their new home contained a canna bed similar to that at High Point. When the Department of School History relocated from Founders Hall to Kinderhaus in April of 2007, the photograph on the left was used to create a new canna bed in close proximity to the original bed as seen on the right.
(Inscription under the photo in the upper left)
Hershey Industrial School boys hiding in the Canna bed.
(Inscription on the photo in the
First students at Kinderhaus: June 1, 1912.
(Inscription under the photo in the upper right)
Fanny Hershey’s 80th birthday, breakfast at the Mansion: September 4, 1915.
(Inscription under the photo in the lower right)
Girls from Student Home Brookside: June 1, 2012.
Erected by Department of School History-Spartans.
Location. 40° 16.486′ N, 76° 37.581′ W. Marker is in Hershey, Pennsylvania, in Dauphin County. Marker is at the intersection of East Governor Road (U.S. 322) and Meadow Lane on East Governor Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hershey PA 17033, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Milton Hershey School (a few steps from this marker); Kinderhaus “Climbing Tree” (within shouting distance of this marker); The Homestead (approx. 0.3 miles away); Milton S. Hershey (approx. 0.4 miles away); Wildlife Habitat Enhancement (approx. 0.9 miles away); Pennsylvania State Police (approx. 1.1 miles away); Derry Churchyard (approx. 1.3 miles away); Chocolate Workers' Sit-Down Strike (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hershey.
Categories. • Education • Horticulture & Forestry •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 8, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 152 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 8, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.