Brewton in Escambia County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
The Leigh Place
The First Escambia County Courthouse
Used as the County Seat from 1885 to 1890. After
various other uses, remodeled as an office in 1969.
Location. 31° 6.419′ N, 87° 4.307′ W. Marker is in Brewton, Alabama, in Escambia County. Marker is at the intersection of Belleville Avenue and Court Street, on the right when traveling south on Belleville Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 315 Belleville Avenue, Brewton AL 36426, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Escambia County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Hart Station (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bank of Brewton (approx. 0.2 miles away); Burnt Corn Park Cistern (approx. ¼ mile away); Ritz Theater (approx. ¼ mile away); Union Cemetery (approx. 0.7 miles away); Franklin Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); Downing-Shofner School (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brewton.
Categories. • Landmarks • Notable Buildings • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 15, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 243 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on June 15, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.