Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Frankfort in Franklin County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
 

Garden Hall

 
 
Garden Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
By Dave Knoch, June 14, 2015
1. Garden Hall Marker
Inscription. This Georgian home was built by Graham Vreeland in 1913. He was founder, publisher, and editor of the Frankfort News, which later became the State Journal. The architect was D. X. Murphy, who designed the grandstand and twin spires at Churchill Downs in Louisville. Artist Paul Sawyier lived on this property from 1910-12.
Sponsored by Richard and Anna Marie Rosen

 
Erected 2013 by Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 2406.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
 
Location. 38° 11.914′ N, 84° 52.886′ W. Marker is in Frankfort, Kentucky, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Wapping Street and Wilkinson Street, on the left when traveling west on Wapping Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 417 Wapping Street, Frankfort KY 40601, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site Of Love House (within shouting distance of this marker); Bibb Burnley House (within shouting distance of this marker); Liberty Hall / John Brown (1757-1837)
Garden Hall image. Click for full size.
By Dave Knoch, June 14, 2015
2. Garden Hall
(about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Vest-Lindsey House (about 400 feet away); Corner In Celebrities (about 400 feet away); Paul Sawyier Library (about 500 feet away); Justice Todd House (about 500 feet away); Macklin House (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Frankfort.
 
Categories. Arts, Letters, MusicCommunicationsIndustry & CommerceMan-Made Features
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 17, 2015, by Dave Knoch of Scott County, Kentucky. This page has been viewed 227 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 17, 2015, by Dave Knoch of Scott County, Kentucky. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement