Grahamville in Horry County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
True Vine Missionary Baptist Church
Rev. Patrick Dewitt, Rev. Solomon Chestnut, Rev. A. T. Graham, and Rev. H. H. Wilson were among the earliest pastors serving True Vine Missionary Baptist Church. In 1943 the old sanctuary was moved to this site by a team of mules. the present brick sanctuary, the second serving the congregation, was built in 1971.
Erected 1999 by the congregation. (Marker Number 26-9.)
Location. 33° 49.317′ N, 78° 54.367′ W. Marker is in Grahamville, South Carolina, in Horry County. Marker is on State Highway 90 west of Conway Bypass (State Highway 22), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. It is between U.S. Route 501 and South Carolina 22. Marker is in this post office area: Conway SC 29526, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Coastal Carolina University (approx. 6.3 miles away); Morris Island Lighthouse (approx. 7.6 miles away); Kingston Church (approx. 8 miles away); Kingston-Conway / Robert Conway (approx. 8.1 miles away); The Historic Brick for this Park (approx. 8.1 miles away); The Wade Hampton Oak (approx. 8.2 miles away); First Methodist Church (approx. 8.2 miles away); Centennial Time Capsule (approx. 8.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Brief History of True Vine Missionary Baptist Church. by Andean Booth Campbell. (Submitted on February 6, 2007.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 6, 2007, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,620 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 6, 2007, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.