Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Jackson in Amador County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Original site of Mel and Faye’s Diner

Established 1956

 
 
Original site of Mel and Faye's Diner Marker image. Click for full size.
By James King, July 14, 2015
1. Original site of Mel and Faye's Diner Marker
Inscription.
Mel Gillman
In appreciation for his many years as a businessman and his service to the City of Jackson
Jackson City Councilman
April 15, 1958 to April 19, 1965
Served 2 terms as Mayor
September 16, 1963 to April 19, 1965

 
Location. 38° 21.011′ N, 120° 46.542′ W. Marker is in Jackson, California, in Amador County. Marker is on Golden Chain Highway (Route 49), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. This marker is on a retaining wall in a parking lot directly across from the Hwy 49/N. Main Street connector. Marker is in this post office area: Jackson CA 95642, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Labor Day Celebration (within shouting distance of this marker); Leam's Saloon (within shouting distance of this marker); Krabbenhoft Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Sanguinetti Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Miners Restaurant & Exchange (about 500 feet away); Weller Hardware, Pioneer Hall (about 600 feet away); Stampfly's Tent, Republic House (about 600 feet away); Pioneer Hall (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
 
Categories. Landmarks
 
Original site of Mel and Faye's Diner Marker image. Click for full size.
By James King, July 14, 2015
2. Original site of Mel and Faye's Diner Marker
Marker Location image. Click for full size.
By James King, July 14, 2015
3. Marker Location
Looking across Hwy. 49.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 19, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 17, 2015, by James King of San Miguel, California. This page has been viewed 174 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 17, 2015, by James King of San Miguel, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement