Woodland in Yolo County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Woodland's First Post Oﬃce
Freeman ran a dry goods business here with C.H. Gray that grew to include hardware and the adjoining building at 537 Main Street by 1868. Since then many businesses have located here including Ruggles & Machefert Merchants (1868), H.B. Wood Hardware (1870), R.B. Cranston Hardware (1898), J.T. Grant, Dentist (1905), Strand Theater (1914), Public Market (1925), Piggly Wiggly (1926), E.L. Thompson Tires (1933), Sprouse Reitz (1935), Dee's Dep't Store (1968), Owen's Dep't Store (1969) and Diamond E Western Store (1970).
Dedicated May 1, 2015
Native Sons of the Golden West
Timothy L. Tullius,
and Woodland Parlor No. 30
Erected 2015 by Native Sons of the Golden West. (Marker Number GPY 138-07.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 38° 40.656′ N, 121° 46.402′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 539 Main Street, Woodland CA 95695, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Woodland begins (within shouting distance of this marker); Original railroad (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Main and Second Street 1920ís (about 300 feet away); Yolo County Savings Bank (about 400 feet away); The Woodland Opera House (about 400 feet away); Site of Byron Jacksonís First Machine Shop (about 400 feet away); Krellenberg Building (about 700 feet away); Yolo County War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodland.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 18, 2015, by James King of San Miguel, California. This page has been viewed 212 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 7, 2016, by James King of San Miguel, California. 3. submitted on July 19, 2015, by James King of San Miguel, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.