Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lawrenceville in Gwinnett County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Watering Trough 1873

 
 
Watering Trough 1873 Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, June 21, 2015
1. Watering Trough 1873 Marker
Inscription.
The First Courthouse Was Built On
This Site Between 1823 And 1824 And
There Was A Well On The Southwest
Corner. People Came By Horse And
Buggy To The Courthouse To Conduct
Business And So A Wooden Watering
Trough For Horses Was Provided Near
This Location. The Courthouse Burned
In 1871 And A Concrete Trough Replaced
The Wooden One After The New
Courthouse Was Completed In 1873.

 
Location. 33° 57.384′ N, 83° 59.358′ W. Marker is in Lawrenceville, Georgia, in Gwinnett County. Marker is on Lawrenceville Highway (U.S. 29). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 185 W. Crogan St., Lawrenceville GA 30046, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Memorial to the Fallen of 1836 (within shouting distance of this marker); Birthplace of Bill Arp (within shouting distance of this marker); Gwinnett County (within shouting distance of this marker); In Tribute to Ezzard Charles (within shouting distance of this marker); Button Gwinnett (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Veterans of Gwinnett County, Georgia
Watering Trough 1873 Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, June 21, 2015
2. Watering Trough 1873 Marker
The marker is to the left of the trough, now filled with flowers.
(about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Garrard’s Cavalry Raid (about 300 feet away); The Home of Major William E. Simmons (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lawrenceville.
 
Categories. Notable Places
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 18, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 184 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 18, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement