Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Union in Saint James Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

St. Mary's Chapel

 
 
St. Mary's Chapel Marker image. Click for full size.
July 23, 2015
1. St. Mary's Chapel Marker
Inscription. Built in 1875 by the Marist Fathers. Reestablished from original St. Marie du Fleuve located on White Hall Plantation. Statues transferred from rectory at Ancient Domain Plantation during elaborate blessing ceremony.
 
Erected 1975 by Centennial Memorial.
 
Location. 30° 5.234′ N, 90° 54.306′ W. Marker is in Union, Louisiana, in Saint James Parish. Marker is at the intersection of River Road (State Highway 44) and St Mary Street, on the left when traveling south on River Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Convent LA 70723, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Tezcuco Plantation (approx. 2 miles away); Bocage Plantation (approx. 3.9 miles away); The Settlement Of Freetown (approx. 4.6 miles away); Malarcher House (approx. 4.7 miles away); Ascension Catholic Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); War Veterans Memorial (approx. 5.2 miles away); Francis T. Nicholls (approx. 5.2 miles away); Bicentennial Jazz Plaza (approx. 5.2 miles away).
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
St. Mary's Chapel image. Click for full size.
July 23, 2015
2. St. Mary's Chapel
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2015. This page has been viewed 179 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 24, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement