Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Midland in Midland County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Midland's First House

 
 
Midland's First House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 11, 2015
1. Midland's First House Marker
Inscription. Of concrete blocks, 1908. Western Ranch style. Home of Raymond and Edith Lawrence.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark—1965

 
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3369.)
 
Location. 32° 0.491′ N, 102° 4.56′ W. Marker is in Midland, Texas, in Midland County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of North Loraine Street and West Cuthbert Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is above front door and hidden by shrubs. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1017 North Loraine Street, Midland TX 79701, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of “The Staked Plains” (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Yucca Theatre (approx. 0.6 miles away); Brown-Dorsey House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Midland National Bank (approx. 0.7 miles away); John Valentine Pliska (approx. 0.7 miles away); W. B. Anglin (approx. 0.7 miles away); Fairview Cemetery (approx. 0.7 miles away); Former Site of Midland National Bank (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Midland.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Midland's First House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 11, 2015
2. Midland's First House Marker
Midland's First House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 11, 2015
3. Midland's First House Marker
Midland's First House image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 11, 2015
4. Midland's First House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 28, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 148 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 28, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement